- Bishop Paul Hinder will be with us from 3rd to 7th March 2022. We wish him a fruitful visit and pray for his continuous good health.
- The Sacrament of Confirmation will be administered by our Bishop Paul Hinder on Thursday, 3rd March 2022 at the 7 pm mass and Friday, 4th March 2022 at the 9 am mass in the Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Due to this, on Thursday, 3rd March, the 6:30 pm mass will be held in the Mother Church and on Friday, 4th March, the 7 am and 9 am mass will be held in Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium. We regret for the inconvenience caused.
- 4th March is the First Friday of the Month. The Parish Holy Hour will be held from 3.15 pm to 4.15 pm and will be followed by the Stations of the Cross in the courtyard.
- As we cannot have personal confession, the ceremony of General Absolution will be held 15 Minutes before every obligation mass on Friday, 4th, Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th March. Please be on time.
- On Monday, 28th February, the Malayalam Community will celebrate their Ash Monday at 6.00 am Mass in English will be held in the Mother Church.
- Ash Wednesday, a day of fast and abstinence, is on 2nd March. Ashes will be blessed during the morning mass and distributed at every mass on this day. The timings of the masses on Ash Wednesday are as follows:
– The Mass in English in the morning will be at 5.30 am and 7.00 am. The Mass in the evening will be at 5.30 pm and 7.00 pm. All these masses will be held in the Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
– For the timings of masses in other languages, please refer to the Parish Notice Board.
Kindly note that the Novena Service to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour will not be held on Ash Wednesday. Fast and Abstinence is to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday and is limited to individuals between 21 and 60 years of age.
During Lent, The Way of the Cross will be held on Wednesdays at 6.15 pm and Fridays at 4.15 pm in the courtyard.
Lenten Alms Envelopes will be distributed on Ash Wednesday, the proceeds of which will go towards the Campaign against Hunger and Thirst. You may take one envelope per family and return it with your contribution on or before Palm Sunday by dropping it in the boxes labelled Lenten Alms which is kept at the entrance of the Main Church and the Mother Church.
- The next Pre-Baptism Seminar will be held on Wednesday, 9th March from 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm in the Social Hall. For registration, parents and godparents are requested to send their names by email to [email protected] before 8th March. Expectant mothers too may register. This seminar is only for parishioners. Do not bring children.
- Sacred heart school – LKG registration: Catholic children born in 2018 are eligible for registration to LKG, for the coming academic year 2022 – 2023. Online registration form will be available on the school website www.shsbahrain.edu.bh from Monday, 7 March to Sunday, 13 March 2022.