- We extend hearty welcome to Fr. Victor Prakash who has been appointed by our Bishop Paul to serve in our parish. We wish him a happy stay and a fruitful ministry.
- Saturday, 17th December is the Ordination Day of Fr. Charbel. A thanksgiving mass will be oared at 6.30 pm on that day. Let us participate and prayer or his intentions.
- In preparation for Christmas, the Parish Advent Mission conducted by Rev. Fr. Augustin Menonkariyil V.C. from India will be held from Monday, 12th December to Thursday, 15th December after the evening English Masses. The mission will conclude with a mini night vigil on Thursday. Priests will be available in the Confessionals during the Mission. During the Parish Mission, no other parish meetings are to be held within the church premises.
Due to the Parish Advent Mission, on Wednesday 14th December, there will be only one English Mass and Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help at 6.00 pm.
- The next Pre-Baptism Seminar will be on Wednesday, 14th December from 7.15 pm to 8.15 pm at the Audio Video Room. For registration, parents and godparents are requested to visit the Parish Office. This seminar is only for parishioners and expectant mothers too may register. Please be on time and do not bring children.
- Simbang Gabi – Misa De Gallo (Gal-yo), the annual traditional Filipino 9-Day Mass Devotion before Christmas will be held daily at 4.00 am commencing from Friday, 16th December at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- In celebration of the Bahrain National Day, the Filipino Community will once again have their annual Holy Walk For A Cause at Arad Park on Friday, 16th December from 6.00 am onwards. Registration for this event is BD4, inclusive of a T-shirt and snacks. The proceeds of this event will be used for the medical assistance of those in need. For registration, kindly approach the Registration Desk set up in the church courtyard. All parishioners are encouraged to participate in this momentous event.
- On Sunday 25th December, a free Christmas Day programme “Home Away From Home,” for our parish domestic workers, will be held in Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon and from 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm where there will be entertainment and distribution of Christmas gifts. Parishioners, we invite you all to please support this event by offering cakes, snacks, gifts, telephone cards or cash. Food items may be delivered on the day itself to Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium. Gift articles may be hand over to the Parish Office and cash donations may be dropped in the box kept at the entrance of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church labeled “Home Away From Home Support.” May God bless you for your generosity. As pre-registration is required, we request all the Communities to collect the names, contact details and CPR numbers of the domestic workers, laborers and fishermen from their communities, who have no one to celebrate Christmas and wish to attend this program and hand over the list to the Parish Office on or before 22nd December.
- Any parishioner who has done their final profession in the Franciscan Third Order may continue their commitment by joining the Fraternity in Bahrain. Those with relatives in this fraternity as well as parishioners interested in knowing about the life of St. Francis of Assisi may join by contacting the Spiritual Director, Fr. Charbel or Prakash on Mob No. 39245144.
ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY FOR 7AM MASS ON FRIDAY
- Today, the Christmas Celebration Mass for Catechism Children will be held at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church at 8.45 am. The usual English Obligation Mass at 8.45 will be held at Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium.
ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY FOR ALL MASSESON FRIDAY MORNING
- The Arabic Community will be holding their 15th Annual Christmas Bazaar on today from 7.30 am until 2.00 pm in the church compound. Kindly patronize.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR ALL MASSES ON FRIDAY
- As Fr. Amar Soosai has successfully completed 8 years of service in the Vicariate, he has been called back to his Province. We bid farewell to Fr. Amar as he is transferred to his new assignment. Tomorrow Saturday, 10th December there will be a Farewell Mass at 6.30pm followed by a felicitation programme at Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium.