Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Greetings of peace.
Pursuant to the decision of the Ministry of Labour and Social Development, to refrain from holding any public gatherings for the next two weeks, in line with national efforts to combat the coronavirus which was announced yesterday and reported by local news agencies, we, the Catholic Church, shall comply with the directives of the Government of Bahrain, and the institutions of the ecclesiastical authorities. The two-week closure of the church will continue from tomorrow, 15th March and last until 29th March both days inclusive.
This revocation is in tandem with our statement to monitor and re-evaluate the situation with competent civil and ecclesiastical authorities. Taking into account the exceptional circumstances, concerned ministries are entrusted to warn against the dangers of gathering and to raise awareness of the necessary precautions to avoid the causes of infection within places of worship.
The faithful are hence, advised to avoid any group prayer meetings in private or public places including homes and rented halls, encouraging them to stay at home and pray with their family members. To invigorate our spiritual life, the faithful are advised to follow our spiritual obligation and practices of faith in their own homes through the following means:
- To participate in the holy mass by subscribing to the Sacred Heart Church Bahrain Youtube link and turning on the notification: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1RVE9HFiKVte_3Xsx1-37A or through the Catholic TV Channels.
- To read together as a family the Scripture readings of the day.
- To do the way of the Cross.
- To recite the Holy Rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet, and
- Any other spiritual activity
Kindly do continue to pray and take due precautions for your safety and of our brethren.
With much prayers & blessings,
Rev Fr Xavier Marian D’souza, OFM Cap