Dear Rev Fathers, Sisters & Faithful,
As we are now in the midst of Coronavirus that has affected Bahrain and many other countries, keeping in mind the various precautionary measures taken by the Government of Bahrain and the Ministry of Health, we the clergy have decided;
- Both churches in Manama and Awali will be closed from 2nd to 14th of March 2020.
- There will be no Masses, Retreats, prayer meetings, seminars or any other services for this period.
- There will be no catechism classes as well.
After this period (14th March 2020) we will wait for more guidelines and directives from the Bahrain Government and our Church authorities will communicate further information or action.
However, our faithful are advised to follow up our spiritual obligation and practices of faith in their own homes, through the following:
- Participate in the holy mass through the Catholic TV channels
- To read together as a family the Scripture readings of the day
- To do the way of the cross
- To recite the holy rosary and divine mercy, and
- Any other spiritual activity
Let us implore the maternal aid of our Lady or Arabia and continue to fast and pray for a quick medical breakthrough and speedy recovery of those infected by the Coronavirus.
Much of prayers and affection
On behalf of
Fr Peter P M OFM Cap
Fr Xavier Marian D’souza, OFM Cap