Where can I get the baptismal certificate form?

You can download the baptismal certificate form here.

What do you mean by Eucharistic fasting?

The faithful must abstain from solid food and liquids for one hour before receiving Holy Communion. Water does not break the fast. Those who are sick, even though not confined to bed, may take any liquid or food as medicine at any time before Holy Communion without asking permission.

What do I need to know about fasting and abstinence?

Fasting and Abstinence are prescribed for Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, limited to faithful between the ages of 21 and 60. Abstinence is prescribed as a general rule for every Friday in Lent, applicable from the age of 14 onwards. However due to the special circumstances in our Vicariate, abstinence is to be observed on Wednesday in Lent. Out of Devotion, abstinence may be observed on every Wednesday during the year…

Where can I get the marriage application form?

You can download the marriage application form here.

What are the requirements regarding the solemnization of marriage?

Those who intend to get married must inform their Parish Priest at least four months prior to the date of the marriage. The early notification is necessary to obtain the necessary documents and for four consecutive interviews to be held with the Parish Priest.

The following documents are required:

  • Certificate of Baptism (Ca. 1055)
  • Certification of Confirmation (Can. 1065)
  • Certificate of “Freedom to Marry” from the Parish where you were baptized (Ca. 1067)

These certificates need to be originals and issued not more than six months earlier.

Those who intend to marry must attend a Course of Preparation which is usually arranged once every three months and meet the Parish Priest individually for interview and Pre-Nuptial enquiry.

Banns will be published on three consecutive Sundays prior to the date of marriage.

It is a grave obligation on the part of the faithful to notify their Parish Priest of any impediment they may know.

Those who intend to marry at any other Parish require a Certificate of “Freedom to Marry” issued by this Parish after attending the Marriage Preparation Course.

Individuals not known personally to the Parish Priest and cannot attend the marriage preparation course must fill in the application together with an oath of free state and sworn testimony witness by two responsible witnesses.

What do I need to know about receiving the holy communion by hand?

Your hands should be clean. As you approach the minister, place one hand upon the other and extend them forward so that the minister sees clearly that you wish to receive the Host in the hand. Otherwise, he will assume that you wish to receive on the tongue. The palm of the upper hand should be flat and the fingers straight. When the minister has placed the Host upon the palm of the hand, stand aside to let the next person come forward. Before turning around or walking away, reverently consume the Host by taking it with the thumb and forefinger of the other hand and placing it in your mouth. Because we believe that our Lord is present in any particle of the Host, however small, care must be taken to ensure that no particles are lost and that any particles that remain on the palm are reverently consumed.

What are the guidelines for receiving the holy communion?

We believe that when we receive Holy Communion, we receive the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, our Lord and God. What we receive is not bread and wine. We should therefore approach the Sacrament with reverence due to God.

How do I receive the holy communion

The priest, deacon, or other minister will show the consecrated Host or the Chalice and say “The body of Christ” or “The Blood of Christ”> The communicant should answer in a audible voice “Amen”. This is an important act of faith in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharistic species. Holy Communion may be received either on the tongue or in the hand. Each communicant is free to decide how to receive.

Secured By miniOrange