ANNOUNCEMENTS for 27th, 28th and 29th March 2015
March 26, 2015
- The Holy Thursday Service on 2nd April will be held at 6.00pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds, Isa Town. On this day, there will be no services in Manama except the Arabic at 6.00 pm, Tamil at 6.30 pm and Malayalam at 7.30 pm. For further details, please refer to the parish notice board.
- Good Friday is a day of Fast and Abstinence. The service on 3rd April will be held at 5.00 pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds, Isa Town. It will commence with the Way of the Cross.
- On Saturday, 4th April, the Easter Vigil Service will commence at 6.30 pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds, Isa Town.
- The Holy week and Easter services schedule, is displayed on the parish notice board and the church website.
- For those without transport to Isa Town, arrangements have been made for buses. Please assemble at the Bus stop near the Art and Craft Center, Al Zubara Avenue.
On Holy Thursday the Buses will leave at 4.30 pm, 5.00 pm and 5.30 pm.
On Good Friday the Buses will leave at 3.30 pm, 4.00 pm and 4.30 pm.
On Holy Saturday the Buses will leave at 5.00 pm, 5.30 pm and 6.00 pm.
Those who have space available in their cars, are requested to kindly pass by the steel gate of the church, to give people lifts on their way to Isa Town for the services.
- We will require a lot of white flowers to decorate the Altar of Repose on Holy Thursday and Easter Sunday. Donors may bring them on the previous day to the Sacristy.
- Please make your confession well in advance. There will be no confessions from Holy Thursday to Easter Sunday
- Parishioners are requested to park their cars properly while coming for the services at Isa Town and Manama.
- The Next Baptism Preparation Course will be held on Wednesday, 8th April at 6.30pm in the St. Claire Audio Video Room. Please bring your bible with you. Children are not allowed.
- The First Friday Parish Holy Hour will be held on 10th April at 3.45 pm in the Sacred Heart Church.
- We would like to thank you all for your overwhelming support towards the ‘Dinner for a Cause’ event. We are happy to announce that more than half of the tickets are already sold out and we now have limited seats which will be available on a first come first serve basis. Thank you once again for supporting this cause and may God bless you all.
- Lenten Alms Envelopes with your contributions should be put in the boxes labeled “Lenten Alms” placed at the entrance of the Sacred Heart Church and the Mother Church.
Friday morning masses only
- Today, there will be Way of the Cross in the Church compound at 3.45pm.
Fr. Freddy D’ Souza
OFM Cap. (Parish Priest)
SACRED HEART SCHOOL LKG REGISTRATION FOR THE YEAR 2015-2016
Catholic children born in 2011 are eligible for Registration to LKG this year (2015-2016). Parents are to present themselves with their child at the kindergarten, Manama, on Thursday, 9th April 2015
Timings: 3.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
The following documents need to be submitted on the day of Registration – Thursday, 9th April 2015
Originals and Photocopies of
- Child’s Baptism Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Child’s CPR
- Relevant pages of the Child’s Passport
- Vaccination Records
- A passport size recent photograph
Sister Benedicta S. Pinto